Georgia Nut Company is home to one of the largest sugar panning operations in North America; specializing in both conventional and automated sugar panning solutions to fit your needs. This allows us to create many of your favorite candies and inclusions including Candy-Coated Chocolate Lentils (Gems), Candy-Coated Chocolate Chips (Drops), Peanut Butter Gems, Sugar-Shelled Nuts, Jordon Almonds and more.
The conventional sugar panning process begins with our drop-rollers, where we expertly form chocolate lentils for the panning process. These range in size from ‘Large’ to ‘Micro-Mini’; allowing us to customize solutions for your snack mix or bakery application. Once the centers are formed, it is time for them to receive their candy coating. At Georgia Nut Company, we have over 160 pans that can run up to 53,000 lbs. of sugar panned product at any given time. We also house three segregated Peanut/Tree Nut-Free sugar panning rooms and segregated warehousing which ensures a level of allergen control that adheres to the highest of industry standards.
Whatever your needs may be, our vertically-integrated sugar panning process is sure to deliver!
Sugar Panning Features
- Drop Rolling
- Sizes – Large, Regular, Mini, and Micro-Mini
- Can Utilize Any Chocolate or Compound Coating to Meet Your Needs
- Ability to Add Flavors, Inclusions and Fortifications
- Segregated Peanut/Treenut-Free Drop Rolling Available
- Sugar Panning
- 4 Sugar Panning Rooms, 2 of Which are Segregated Peanut/Treenut-Free
- Able to Pan Any Center with a Chocolate or Compound Coating (Nuts, Fruit, Puffs, Etc…)
- Capable of Producing Vivid Artificial Colors and A Growing Spectrum of Plant-Based Colors
- Fair-Trade, Non-GMO and Organic Options are Available Upon Request